Sunday, July 5, 2015

6 - Life Inside a Book.

Hello to all readers that will read my blog for today! Today I would tell my thoughts and perspectives about a popular Filipino author known as "Bob Ong".

The term Bob Ong is just a pseudonym of that writer because he refuses to state his name in public. He was called by that name because of some misinterpretation and it happened in the  late 90's, when he created a website and naming it "Bobong Pinoy" during his spare time. Later on, a blog reader saw that website and contacted him and asking him: "you made an hilarious website, is Bob Ong your real name?" then the famous term Bob Ong was born. He published 10 books dating from 2001-2014 and successfully sold 500 thousand copies. Now for my thought, I think that Bob Ong has the potential to uplift our Filipino culture and introduce it to the world. He was successful most likely because of his first book and those that followed it and later on categorized as a true Pinoy classics by scholars and for me, he emphasized the word "Pinoy" with great pride and dignity for us Filipinos.

And now for my perspectives, even though his life is a mystery to us and also his citizenship, I still believe that he is the key to encourage our Filipino children to take part of in our literature and truthfully proclaim our culture with all their hearts. Before I end this, if you will read the books of Bob Ong, I strong encourage you to read his first book entitled "ABNKKBSNPLAko?!". This book is a true story referenced from his early years and in this book you could really feel the emotion of being in love to a certain person.

No comments:

Post a Comment