Thursday, July 13, 2017

Learning Log for Information Systems Security: Week 5 and 6 (Present Defense)

For the week 5, I was surprised that we will be using Cisco Packet Tracer all over again and my last use of this was last year. I and my group could not cope up with the exercise given to us because all of us had really forgotten all about this, but we didn’t just sit and wait, we asked for help and I mean all the help we can get to finish this exercise. After 4 days, we had done the exercise and sent it to our professor Sir JP and before finishing it, we struggled hard mainly in the setup region because this is the part wherein all the connections should be receiving packets from all the devices vice-versa. For the next week, we had discussed all about the Legal Issues and the background of Privacy, which for an instant was very shallow, but after an hour my perception had changed. Let’s first start with Legal Issues, this discusses different kinds of cyber crime and its law for both U.S. and Philippines. I enjoyed studying the difference between the Civil Law and the Criminal Law, I thought first for Civil Law because it rings a bell in my mind which is the Civil War in Captain America’s movie that in the same concept, it needs two parties in the discussion where both have their own perception about a subject. The Criminal Law that I truly hate is that the bulleted point in the PDF file is “To convict someone, the crime must be proven beyond any reasonable doubt” proof is really highlighted in this sentence which I think is practiced with the same concept in any judicial courts. For the Privacy discussion, I could not really explain the way I remembered it explaining to us by Sir JP, but for my perception that I’ve summarized is that Privacy is neither Good or Bad because for every Privacy created, it will really create a rift(metaphorily speaking) in the society and its up to us to see a side of it where would fit in our standard of perception to that topic. I really don’t know the answer, but my guess is Privacy is unfathomable. Today, our team would be focusing in the development of our Midterm Presentation about Bitcoin and the reality is we are nearly done.

No comments:

Post a Comment